Pre-Conference Workshop Day
Aging Isn’t a Disease: How Do We Overcome the Current Regulatory Landscape Hurdle?
8am - 11:00am I Wednesday 31, 2023
As we enter a ‘golden age’ following funding initiatives and increased research into age-related mechanisms, there’s much yet to explore in order to overcome the current clinical challenges. Attend this workshop to further deepen your knowledge of this field and understand where it’s headed and how to engage regulatory authorities in discussions.
- As treating aging in clinical terms is not a viable endpoint, what are the
disease indications to go after?
- Discussing the policy changes required to make the development of drugs that target the aging processes more financially viable
- 12 Hallmarks of Aging – Moving away from 9 hallmarks of Aging and
unravelling the additional 3
- Maintaining crucial drug discovery and preclinical development standards
to translate the targeting of mechanisms underlying aging into drug targets
- Developing drug candidates for specific diseases recognized by the FDA in today’s regulatory landscape
Chief Executive Officer
Benedetta di Robilant
Chief Scientific Officer & CoFounder
Defining the Route Towards Investments for Age-Related Disease Research & Development & Start-Up Landscape
11:30am - 2:30pm I Wednesday 31, 2023
Considering the surge of interest and investment in age-related disease drug development, an active discussion is essential to accelerate towards company growth and therapeutic success. Join this interactive deep dive into the science of a new company and best approaches on getting investors involved.
- Deliberating the ways to navigate investments and funding in this
- Identifying the value of IPs and where investor’s priorities lie
- What are the best practices to train people within the field?
- Discussing the fine line between what is and isn’t confidential
Jyothi Devakumar (Moderator)
Director of Scientific Programs, Healthspan Action Coalition; Director of Operations, Center for Space Longevity
Healthspan Action Coalition
Deep Knowledge Ventures
Founder & President
Exploring the Promise AI-Powered Drug Discovery Holds for the Progression of a Broad Pipeline of Age-Related Therapies
3:00pm - 6:00pm I Wednesday 31, 2023
Explore the myriad of applications for artificial intelligence to revolutionize
the age-related disease field and to streamline drug discovery efforts.
- Highlighting the accelerated ability to discover and target new aging
- Reviewing the ‘inflammatory clock of aging’ and its ability to predict age- related inflammatory disease